**5 Essential Steps on How to Uninstall Game on PC for Expert Software Engineers**
You’ve been coding tirelessly, and you need a break. You turn to your trusty PC gaming library for some much-needed entertainment, only to find out that the game you downloaded is far from what you expected. Not only is it taking up precious space on your hard drive, but it is also impacting your computer’s performance. So, how can an expert software engineer like yourself go about uninstalling a game on a PC with precision and finesse?
Worry not because this comprehensive guide will help you understand **how to uninstall a game on your PC** like a pro. Follow these five essential steps to declutter your computer, improve your system’s performance, and make room for more worthwhile games.
**1. Identifying the Game’s Installation Location and Related Files**
Before you get started with the uninstallation process, it is important to know where the game and its related files are located on your system. Games are usually stored in one of the following directories:
– C:Program Files (x86)
– C:Program Files
By knowing the game’s installation location, you can ensure smooth removal without leaving any residual files that may clutter your system. Additionally, you’ll want to identify any game-related files such as save files, preferences, and mods that might be stored elsewhere on your system.
**2. Uninstalling via the Control Panel**
The simplest approach to **uninstall a game on your PC** is by using the built-in Control Panel. Follow these steps to uninstall a game:
a. Open the Control Panel by searching for it in the Start menu.
b. Select “Uninstall a program” under Programs.
c. Locate the game you wish to remove, click on it, and then click “Uninstall.”
d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
Remember to restart your system after uninstalling to ensure that all relevant files have been removed.
**3. Uninstalling via Windows Settings**
Another method to tackle **how to uninstall a game on your PC** is by using Windows Settings. This approach might be more familiar to users of Windows 10 and later versions. Follow these steps:
a. Open the Settings app by pressing the “Windows” key + “I.”
b. Click on “Apps” to access the list of installed applications.
c. Scroll through the list to find the game you want to remove, click on it, and then select “Uninstall.”
d. Follow the on-screen prompts to finalize the uninstallation process.
As with the Control Panel method, remember to reboot your computer once the process is complete.
**4. Uninstalling Games from Third-Party Software Platforms**
If you installed the game using a third-party software platform such as Steam, Epic Games, or GOG Galaxy, you’ll need to **uninstall the game via that specific platform**. Here’s a brief overview of how this can be done in each case:
– *Steam*: Open your Steam library, right-click on the game, and select “Uninstall” from the context menu. Confirm the uninstallation and wait for Steam to remove the game from your system.
– *Epic Games*: Launch the Epic Games Launcher, navigate to “Library,” click on the three-dot menu next to the game, and choose “Uninstall.” Follow any additional prompts to complete the process.
– *GOG Galaxy*: Open GOG Galaxy, locate the game in your library, click on the “Settings” icon, and choose “Manage Installation” followed by “Uninstall.” Confirm your choice and wait for GOG Galaxy to remove the game from your PC.
**5. Manual Uninstallation for Advanced Users**
If none of the above methods are suitable or if you’re dealing with a game that lacks proper uninstallation procedures, you can **remove the game manually**. This method requires more expertise and caution, as deleting the wrong files may negatively impact your system. Here’s how you can manually uninstall a game:
a. Navigate to the game’s installation directory (refer to step 1).
b. Delete the entire game folder.
c. Use the registry editor (regedit.exe) to remove any remaining entries related to the game (only perform this step if you are experienced with the Windows registry).
d. If necessary, manually delete any leftover files such as save games, profiles, and mods from their respective locations.
Keep in mind that manual deletion should only be a last resort and requires a thorough understanding of the Windows file system and registry.
By following these five essential steps, you’ll be well on your way to mastering **how to uninstall a game on your PC**. Clean up your system, improve your computer’s performance, and make room for better gaming experiences. Just be sure to carefully follow each step and adapt the process to your specific gaming platform and system configuration for optimal results.
CARA MENGHAPUS APLIKASI YANG TIDAK BISA DIHAPUS / UNINSTALL – SOLUSI PC / LAPTOP JADI RINGAN
5 Mistakes EVERY New PC Gamer Makes! 😱 PC Gaming Tips For Noobs
How do I Uninstall a game?
To uninstall a game on your device, follow the appropriate steps based on your operating system:
1. Click on the Start button (Windows logo) at the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Type “Control Panel” in the search bar and click on the corresponding result.
3. In the Control Panel window, find and click on “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a program“, depending on your view settings.
4. Scroll through the list of installed programs until you locate the game you want to uninstall.
5. Right-click on the game’s name and select “Uninstall” from the context menu that appears.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
1. Open the Finder application.
2. Click on the “Applications” folder in the left-hand sidebar.
3. Locate the game you want to uninstall within the Applications folder.
4. Drag the game to the Trash bin located in the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
5. Right-click on the Trash bin and select “Empty Trash” to finalize the uninstallation process.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications“.
3. Locate the game you want to uninstall in the list of installed apps.
4. Tap on the game, then tap the “Uninstall” button.
5. Confirm the uninstallation by tapping “OK” in the pop-up dialog.
On iOS (iPhone/iPad):
1. Locate the game’s icon on your device’s Home screen.
2. Long-press the game icon until a context menu appears.
3. Tap on “Remove App” or “Delete App“, depending on your iOS version.
4. Confirm the uninstallation by tapping “Delete” in the pop-up dialog.
How do I Uninstall games on Windows 10?
To uninstall games on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start button (Windows logo) located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Select the Settings gear icon to open the Settings app.
3. In the Settings app, click on Apps to access the Apps & features panel.
4. Scroll through the list of installed apps and locate the game you want to uninstall.
5. Click on the game to expand its options, then click on the Uninstall button.
6. A prompt will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the game. Click on the Uninstall button again to proceed.
7. Wait for the process to complete. The game will be removed from your system.
By following these steps, you can easily uninstall games on Windows 10. Remember to save any progress or game data before uninstalling to avoid losing your progress.
How do I Uninstall a game on PC but not Steam?
To uninstall a game on your PC that is not on Steam, follow these simple steps:
1. Click on the Start button (Windows logo) located in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
2. Open the Settings app by clicking on the gear icon just above the Start button, or you can press the Windows key and type “Settings” into the search bar, then click on it when it appears.
3. In the Settings app, click on the “Apps” option to view the list of installed programs on your computer.
4. Scroll through the list of installed programs until you find the game you want to uninstall. You can also use the search bar at the top of the “Apps & features” section to find the game more easily.
5. Click on the game once you have found it, and a menu will appear with an “Uninstall” button.
6. Press the “Uninstall” button, and a prompt will appear asking you to confirm the uninstallation. Click “Yes” or “Uninstall” to proceed with the game’s removal.
7. The uninstallation process will begin, and once it’s completed, the game will be removed from your PC. Restart your computer if necessary.
Please note that this method applies to games and apps installed outside of Steam, such as those from other distribution platforms like GOG or Uplay, or standalone installations.
How do I Uninstall games on my HP computer?
To uninstall games on your HP computer, follow these simple steps:
1. Click on the Windows Start button located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Start typing “Control Panel” in the search bar and click on the Control Panel app that appears in the search results.
3. In the Control Panel window, click on “Programs and Features” to view the list of installed applications on your HP computer.
4. Scroll through the list to find the game you want to uninstall. You can also use the search bar at the top-right corner to quickly locate the game.
5. Once you find the game, click on it to highlight its name, and then click on the “Uninstall” button located at the top of the window.
6. A prompt will appear asking you to confirm your action. Click “Yes” to proceed with the uninstallation process.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation. The game will be removed from your HP computer once the process is finished.
Remember to restart your computer after uninstalling the game to ensure all changes are applied.
- Uninstall2023.05.12Utilizing the Office Uninstall Tool: A Comprehensive Guide for Effective Removal of Microsoft Office Suite
- Uninstall2023.05.12Step-by-Step Guide to Disabling Safe Mode in Tumblr: Unleashing the Full Potential of Content Discovery
- Uninstall2023.05.12Comprehensive Guide to Utilizing the Office Uninstall Tool for Efficient Removal of Microsoft Office Suite
- Uninstall2023.05.12Step-by-Step Guide to Disabling Safe Mode on Tumblr: Unveiling the Hidden Content You’ve Been Missing Out On