Title: How to Uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac: A Step-by-Step Guide
Have you ever been completely stumped about how to uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac? If so, then this article is for you. We are going to reveal the step-by-step process you need to follow to successfully remove the popular writing tool from your computer. Are you ready to dive in and finally learn the secret to doing it right? Let’s get started!
Before we delve into the actual steps for uninstalling Grammarly Desktop on Mac, let’s briefly talk about what Grammarly is and why you might want to uninstall it.
Grammarly is an online writing assistant that checks grammar, punctuation, and style. It has become popular among professionals and students alike for its ability to catch errors and suggest improvements in real-time. However, there might be a few reasons to uninstall the Grammarly Desktop app from your Mac, such as experiencing glitches, wanting to free up space on your hard drive or simply preferring to use another writing tool.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s move on to the main focus of this article: the step-by-step guide on how to uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac.
Step 1: Quit the Grammarly Desktop App
First things first, ensure that the Grammarly Desktop app is not running on your Mac. If it’s open, click on “Grammarly” in the top left corner of the menu bar, and then select “Quit Grammarly” from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Access Finder and Go to the Applications Folder
To uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac, you need to locate it in your Applications folder. Click on the “Finder” icon in the Dock, then click on the “Applications” option in the left sidebar. This will open up the Applications folder where all your installed apps are stored.
Step 3: Locate the Grammarly Desktop App
Within the Applications folder, scroll through the list of installed apps until you find the one named “Grammarly.” It should have a green ‘G’ icon.
Step 4: Move the Grammarly Desktop App to Trash
To uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac, simply click and drag the Grammarly app from the Applications folder into the Trash bin located in the Dock. Alternatively, you can also right-click (or Control-click) on the Grammarly icon, and then select “Move to Trash” from the context menu that appears.
Step 5: Empty the Trash Bin
After moving the Grammarly app to the Trash, you’re almost done! To complete the process and fully uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac, right-click (or Control-click) on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” from the context menu. This will permanently delete the app from your computer.
Step 6: Delete Grammarly-related Files (Optional)
In some cases, there might be residual files or folders related to Grammarly left on your Mac even after uninstalling the app. To ensure a clean slate, you can go through and delete these files if desired.
To do this, open a new Finder window and click on “Go” in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Hold down the “Option” key, and you should see the “Library” option appear in the drop-down menu. Click on it, and within the Library folder, search for any folders or files with “Grammarly” in their names. If you find any, move them to the Trash and, once again, empty the Trash bin.
Congratulations, now you know how to uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac! By following these simple steps, you’ve successfully removed the app and all its related files from your computer. Remember that uninstalling the desktop app won’t affect your Grammarly account or any documents saved in the cloud; you can still access those through the Grammarly web app or browser extensions.
We hope this article has helped answer your query and provided a clear, easy-to-follow guide on how to uninstall Grammarly Desktop on Mac. Thanks for sticking with us until the end!
Everyday Mac Software You MUST DELETE right now…
How to Uninstall Programs on MacBook Pro/Air M1 [Permanently Delete Application]
Why can’t i delete Grammarly from Mac?
There could be a few reasons why you’re having trouble deleting Grammarly from your Mac. Here are some possible causes and solutions:
1. Active background processes: Grammarly may still be running in the background, preventing you from uninstalling it. Make sure to close any running instances of Grammarly before attempting to delete it.
2. Incorrect uninstallation method: Instead of dragging the Grammarly application icon to the trash, use the proper uninstallation method. Locate the “Grammarly for Mac” application inside the “Applications” folder, run it, and click “Uninstall Grammarly” from the app menu.
3. Insufficient permissions: You might not have administrator rights to delete applications. Ensure you are logged in as an administrator or contact your system administrator for assistance.
4. Corrupted files: If Grammarly’s files are corrupted, it may cause issues during the uninstallation process. Try reinstalling Grammarly first, then attempt to uninstall it again.
Remember to empty the trash after deleting the application to permanently remove it from your Mac. If you continue to encounter issues with uninstalling Grammarly, you can also explore using third-party uninstaller apps like AppCleaner, which can help ensure all related files are deleted along with the main application.
How do I turn off Grammarly desktop?
To turn off and uninstall the Grammarly desktop app, follow these simple steps:
1. Exit Grammarly: First, make sure you’ve closed any document or text editor associated with Grammarly. Then, right-click on the Grammarly icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and select “Quit Grammarly” or “Exit.”
2. Uninstall Grammarly:
a. Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel.”
b. Go to “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a Program.”
c. Find “Grammarly for Microsoft Office Suite” or “Grammarly Desktop App” in the list of installed programs.
d. Right-click on it and choose “Uninstall.” Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
a. Open “Finder” and navigate to the “Applications” folder.
b. Find the “Grammarly” app in the folder.
c. Right-click on the app and select “Move to Trash,” or simply drag the app to the Trash bin.
d. Empty the Trash to complete the uninstallation process.
After completing these steps, the Grammarly desktop app should be turned off and uninstalled from your computer.
How do I get rid of Grammarly desktop on Mac Reddit?
To uninstall Grammarly desktop on Mac, follow these simple steps:
1. Close Grammarly: Make sure the app is not running in the background. You can do this by right-clicking its icon in the dock and selecting “Quit.”
2. Open Finder: Click the Finder icon in your dock, then select the “Applications” folder on the left-hand side.
3. Locate Grammarly: Scroll through your list of applications until you find the Grammarly app.
4. Move Grammarly to Trash: Click and drag the Grammarly app to the Trash icon in your dock, or right-click and select “Move to Trash.”
5. Empty Trash: To permanently delete the app, right-click the Trash icon and select “Empty Trash.” A prompt will appear asking if you’re sure you want to remove the items; click “Empty Trash” again to confirm.
Note: Uninstalling the Grammarly desktop app will not remove the Grammarly extension from your browser, so you’ll need to uninstall it separately if you don’t want to use Grammarly at all. To do this, go to your browser’s extensions or add-ons page and remove the Grammarly extension.
Now you’ve successfully uninstalled Grammarly desktop from your Mac.
How do I remove Grammarly from Safari on Mac?
To remove Grammarly from Safari on your Mac, follow these simple steps:
1. Open Safari browser on your Mac.
2. Click on Safari in the top left corner of the screen, and select Preferences from the dropdown menu.
3. In the Preferences window, click on the Extensions tab.
4. Locate the Grammarly for Safari extension in the list of installed extensions.
5. Click on the Uninstall button next to the Grammarly extension.
6. A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation. Click on the Uninstall button again to confirm.
7. Close the Preferences window.
Grammarly is now removed from your Safari browser. If you later decide to reinstall the extension, simply visit the Safari Extensions store and download Grammarly for Safari again.
What are the detailed steps to completely uninstall Grammarly Desktop from a Mac computer within the uninstall apps context?
To completely uninstall Grammarly Desktop from a Mac computer, follow these detailed steps:
1. Quit Grammarly Desktop: Before uninstalling, ensure that Grammarly Desktop is not running. You can quit the app by right-clicking on its icon in the Dock and selecting “Quit.”
2. Open Finder: Click on the Finder icon in your Dock to open a new Finder window.
3. Navigate to the Applications folder: In the Finder window, locate and click on the “Applications” folder in the left panel or toolbar, depending on your settings.
4. Remove Grammarly Desktop: Locate the Grammarly Desktop app in the Applications folder. Click on it to select it, then drag the app icon to the Trash or right-click on it and choose “Move to Trash.”
5. Empty Trash: To permanently delete the app, right-click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash.” Confirm your decision when prompted.
6. Remove additional files: Some apps, including Grammarly Desktop, may leave behind additional files on your Mac. To remove these files, open Finder and click on “Go” in the top menu bar, then select “Go to Folder.”
7. Enter Library folder path: In the “Go to Folder” dialog, type “~/Library” (without quotes) and click “Go.” This will open the Library folder, which contains various application support files.
8. Search and delete related files: Inside the Library folder, search for and delete the following folders, if they exist, by dragging them to the Trash:
– ~/Library/Application Support/Grammarly
9. Empty Trash again: Once you have deleted all the relevant folders, right-click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” to permanently delete any remaining Grammarly files.
After following these steps, Grammarly Desktop should be completely uninstalled from your Mac.
Are there any commonly occurring issues or complications while attempting to uninstall Grammarly Desktop on a Mac, and how can they be resolved within the uninstall apps framework?
There are a few commonly occurring issues or complications while attempting to uninstall Grammarly Desktop on a Mac. Here are some of them and their solutions within the uninstall apps framework:
1. Incomplete removal: Sometimes, removing the Grammarly application from the Applications folder does not entirely delete its associated files or preferences.
– Solution: To resolve this issue, open the Finder app, click on ‘Go’ in the menu bar, hold down the ‘Option’ key, and select ‘Library.’ From within the Library folder, find and remove folders named ‘Grammarly’ from the following locations:
– ~/Library/Application Support/
2. Grammarly browser extension conflict: If you have the Grammarly browser extension installed, it may cause conflicts during the uninstallation process.
– Solution: To remove the Grammarly browser extension, go to your browser’s Extensions or Add-ons page and locate the Grammarly extension. Follow the prompts to uninstall or disable it.
3. Grammarly still appearing in context menus: Even after uninstalling, Grammarly might still appear in the context menus (right-click options) within various applications.
– Solution: For this, you should restart your Mac to clear any cached data that may be causing Grammarly to still appear in context menus.
By following these steps, you can effectively resolve common issues and complications encountered while uninstalling Grammarly Desktop on a Mac within the uninstall apps framework.
Can you recommend any alternative methods or tools for uninstalling Grammarly Desktop on a Mac, ensuring a clean removal within the scope of uninstall apps?
There are several alternative methods and tools for uninstalling Grammarly Desktop on a Mac to ensure a clean removal. Some of the most effective options are:
1. Manual removal: This method involves manually deleting all the related files and folders associated with Grammarly Desktop. To perform clean removal, follow these steps:
– Quit Grammarly Desktop if it’s currently running.
– Open Finder, go to the Applications folder, and drag Grammarly Desktop to the Trash.
– Go to the Finder menu, click “Go” and select “Go to Folder.” Enter “~/Library” and hit Enter.
– Search for any files or folders containing “Grammarly” in their names within the following directories and move them to the Trash:
– ~/Library/Application Support/
2. AppCleaner: AppCleaner is a free third-party application that helps remove unwanted apps along with their associated files on a Mac. Simply download and install AppCleaner, then drag and drop Grammarly Desktop onto the AppCleaner window. The program will identify all related files, allowing you to delete them with a single click.
3. CleanMyMac X: CleanMyMac X is a powerful uninstaller application that provides a thorough removal process for apps on your Mac. In addition to its cleaning capabilities, CleanMyMac X can help identify and delete hidden files associated with Grammarly Desktop. Download and install CleanMyMac X, go to the Uninstaller tab, select Grammarly Desktop, and click “Uninstall.”
Remember that using third-party applications should be done at your own risk, and always make sure to have backups of your important files.
- Windows2023.05.12Utilizing the Office Uninstall Tool: A Comprehensive Guide for Effective Removal of Microsoft Office Suite
- Mode2023.05.12Step-by-Step Guide to Disabling Safe Mode in Tumblr: Unleashing the Full Potential of Content Discovery
- Windows2023.05.12Comprehensive Guide to Utilizing the Office Uninstall Tool for Efficient Removal of Microsoft Office Suite
- Mode2023.05.12Step-by-Step Guide to Disabling Safe Mode on Tumblr: Unveiling the Hidden Content You’ve Been Missing Out On