Title: How to Uninstall Minecraft Mac: The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide
Do you need to know how to uninstall Minecraft Mac? Are you looking for a quick and easy method? Look no further! This comprehensive guide will provide you with all the necessary steps to uninstall Minecraft from your Mac without any hassles. Get ready, as we dive into the ultimate step-by-step guide that will ensure a smooth sailing uninstallation experience.
Why Uninstall Minecraft on Mac?
Before diving into the actual process, it’s important to understand why someone might want to uninstall Minecraft in the first place. Some common reasons include:
1. Creating more storage space.
2. Fixing technical issues by reinstalling the game.
3. Updating or upgrading the game to a newer version.
Regardless of your reasons, this guide will solve your query on how to uninstall Minecraft Mac in the most efficient way possible.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Uninstall Minecraft Mac
Follow these simple steps to uninstall Minecraft on your Mac completely:
Step 1: Quit Minecraft
To begin, make sure to quit the Minecraft application if it is running. Press Command + Q or right-click the app’s icon in the Dock and select “Quit”.
Step 2: Open Finder
In the Finder pane, click on the “Go” menu at the top of the screen and select “Go to Folder…” (or press Shift + Command + G).
Step 3: Access Application Support Folder
In the “Go to the folder” prompt, type “~/Library/Application Support/” (without quotes) and press “Go”. This will open the Application Support folder where Minecraft stores its data.
Step 4: Delete Minecraft Folder
Inside the Application Support folder, locate the “minecraft” folder. To remove all game data, simply drag this folder to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”.
Step 5: Remove Minecraft from Applications Folder
Head back to the Finder, click on “Applications” in the sidebar. Find the Minecraft app, then drag it to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”.
Step 6: Clear the Trash
Finally, to completely uninstall Minecraft, empty your Trash. Right-click the Trash icon in your Dock and select “Empty Trash”, or click on the Trash and select “Empty” in the top-right corner.
Congratulations! You have now uninstalled Minecraft on your Mac. But what if there are still some residual files left behind?
Removing Residual Files
Occasionally, some files might remain on your system. To ensure a complete removal, follow these steps:
Step 1: Navigate to Library Folder
Open the Finder, click on the “Go” menu at the top of the screen, hold down the “Option” key and select “Library”. This will open your user Library folder.
Step 2: Delete Preference Files
Within the Library folder, open the “Preferences” folder. Locate any files that begin with “com.mojang.Minecraft” and delete them by dragging to the Trash or right-clicking and selecting “Move to Trash”.
Step 3: Open Caches Folder
From your user Library folder, open the “Caches” folder. Search for any folders or files related to Minecraft and delete them as well.
Step 4: Empty Trash Again
Empty your Trash once more to completely remove all residual files.
There you have it! You now know how to uninstall Minecraft Mac efficiently, including removing all traces of the game from your system. Should you wish to reinstall or try out a new version, feel free to follow these steps in reverse order. Good luck and happy gaming!
How to Uninstall Apps on MacBook (Permanently Delete)
Minecraft’s New Update is CRAZY
How do I completely Uninstall Minecraft?
If you want to **completely uninstall Minecraft** from your device, follow these simple steps for different platforms:
1. Close any running instances of Minecraft on your computer.
2. Press the **Windows key + R** to open the Run dialog box.
3. Type in **%appdata%** and press Enter to open the AppData Roaming folder.
4. Locate the **.minecraft** folder and **right-click** on it, then select **Delete**. This will remove all your Minecraft game files, including worlds, resource packs, and mods.
5. Next, **uninstall the Minecraft launcher** by going to “Control Panel” > “Programs and Features” > “Minecraft Launcher” > “Uninstall.”
1. Make sure Minecraft is not running on your Mac.
2. Open **Finder** and click on “**Go**” in the top menu, then choose “**Go to Folder…**”.
3. Type in **~/Library/Application Support/** and press Enter to access the Application Support folder.
4. Find the **minecraft** folder, **right-click** on it, and choose **Move to Trash** or **Delete**.
5. Now, navigate to the **Applications** folder, find the Minecraft application, and **drag it to the Trash**.
1. Open the **Settings** app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and tap on **Apps** or **Application Manager**.
3. Find **Minecraft** in the list of apps and tap on it.
4. Tap on the **Uninstall** button to remove both the app and its data.
1. On your iOS device, locate the Minecraft app icon on your home screen.
2. **Tap and hold** the Minecraft icon until it starts wiggling and shows an “X” in the top corner.
3. Tap the **X** and confirm to uninstall Minecraft and its associated data from your device.
Remember that uninstalling the app will remove all game files, including worlds, settings, and any additional content you’ve added. Consider creating backups of important files before proceeding with the complete uninstallation.
How do I Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft on Mac?
If you want to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft on a Mac, follow these simple steps:
1. Close Minecraft: Before uninstalling, make sure to completely close the app. If it’s open, right-click on the Minecraft icon in the Dock and select “Quit”.
2. Open Finder: Click on the Finder icon in the Dock.
3. Go to the Applications folder: On the left side of the Finder window, click on “Applications”.
4. Find Minecraft: Locate the Minecraft app in the Applications folder.
5. Delete Minecraft: Right-click on the Minecraft app and select “Move to Trash” or simply drag the app to the Trash icon in the Dock.
6. Remove Minecraft files: Open Finder again, click on “Go” in the top menu bar, and select “Go to Folder”. Type in “~/Library/Application Support” and press Enter. Find the “minecraft” folder and delete it by dragging it to the Trash or right-clicking and selecting “Move to Trash”.
7. Empty the Trash: Right-click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” to permanently delete Minecraft from your Mac.
1. Download Minecraft: Visit the official Minecraft website (https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download) and download the installer for Mac.
2. Install Minecraft: Open the Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded file named “Minecraft.dmg”. A new window will open containing the Minecraft app.
3. Drag Minecraft to the Applications folder: Drag the Minecraft app to the Applications folder shortcut in the same window.
4. Launch Minecraft: Go to the Applications folder in Finder and locate the Minecraft app. Double-click on it to launch the game.
Now you have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft on your Mac. Enjoy playing!
Does uninstalling Minecraft delete worlds Mac?
When you uninstall Minecraft on a Mac, it may delete worlds if you don’t take proper precautions to save them. The game files, including the world saves, are typically stored in a separate folder in the user’s library on macOS.
To ensure your Minecraft worlds are safe before uninstalling the game, follow these steps:
1. Open Finder and go to your user folder (`/Users/[your-username]`).
2. Press `Cmd + Shift + G` to open the ‘Go to Folder’ window, and enter `~/Library/Application Support/minecraft`.
3. Locate the saves folder. This folder contains all your Minecraft worlds.
4. Backup the saves folder by copying it to a different location, such as an external hard drive or cloud storage service. You can also compress it into a .zip file for safekeeping.
5. Once you have successfully backed up your saves, you can proceed with uninstalling Minecraft.
After you have uninstalled Minecraft, you can always restore your saved worlds by reinstalling the game and copying the backed-up saves folder back into the Minecraft directory, following the same path as before (`~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves`).
In conclusion, while uninstalling Minecraft on a Mac might delete your worlds, you can prevent this by backing up your saves folder before proceeding with the uninstallation process. This way, you can continue playing your saved worlds once you reinstall the game.
How do I reinstall Minecraft Java on Mac?
Reinstalling Minecraft Java Edition on your Mac involves two main steps: uninstalling the current version and then installing a new one. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Uninstall Minecraft Java Edition
1. First, open the Finder on your Mac.
2. In the Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder.
3. Type ~/Library/Application Support/ into the dialog box and click Go.
4. Locate the minecraft folder and drag it to the Trash.
5. Empty the Trash by right-clicking (or CTRL + click) on the Trash icon and selecting Empty Trash.
Note: This process will remove all your saved worlds and settings. To keep them, backup the “saves” and “serverresourcepacks” folders within the “minecraft” folder before deleting it.
Step 2: Install the latest version of Minecraft Java Edition
1. Go to the official Minecraft website at https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition.
2. Click Download in the Java Edition section.
3. Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file (Minecraft.dmg) in your Downloads folder.
4. Double-click the Minecraft.dmg file to open it.
5. Drag the Minecraft icon into the Applications folder.
6. Open the Applications folder and double-click the Minecraft icon to launch the game.
Now you have successfully reinstalled Minecraft Java Edition on your Mac.
What are the step-by-step instructions to completely uninstall Minecraft from a Mac system?
Uninstalling Minecraft from a Mac system involves the following step-by-step instructions:
1. Quit Minecraft: Make sure Minecraft is not running. If it is, close the application before proceeding.
2. Open Finder: Click on the Finder icon located in the Dock.
3. Access the Applications Folder: In the Finder window, locate and click on the “Applications” folder in the left sidebar.
4. Locate Minecraft: Find the Minecraft application within the Applications folder.
5. Drag Minecraft to Trash: Click and drag the Minecraft application to the Trash bin in the Dock. This will move the main application file to the Trash.
6. Delete Minecraft Application Support files: To completely remove Minecraft, you’ll also need to delete the files stored in the Application Support folder. To do this, follow these steps:
a) In Finder, click on “Go” in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
b) Select “Go to Folder” from the drop-down menu.
c) Type in or paste “~/Library/Application Support/” (without quotes) into the text box and press Enter.
d) Locate the “minecraft” folder within the Application Support directory.
e) Drag the “minecraft” folder to the Trash bin in the Dock.
7. Empty Trash: Right-click on the Trash bin in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” to permanently delete the Minecraft application and associated files.
After completing these steps, Minecraft should be completely uninstalled from your Mac system.
Are there any third-party tools or methods recommended for effectively removing Minecraft on Mac?
Yes, there are several third-party tools and methods recommended for effectively removing Minecraft on Mac. Two popular methods include using an app uninstaller or manually removing files associated with the game. Some highly-recommended third-party uninstaller apps for macOS include AppCleaner and AppDelete. These apps ensure that all files and folders associated with Minecraft are removed from your system.
To use a third-party uninstaller:
1. Download and install AppCleaner or AppDelete.
2. Open the uninstaller and search for “Minecraft” in the provided search bar.
3. Select Minecraft from the list of results.
4. Click the “Uninstall” button to remove Minecraft and its associated files from your Mac.
If you prefer a manual method:
1. Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder.
2. Locate Minecraft and drag it into the Trash bin.
3. Empty the Trash bin to completely remove Minecraft from your system.
4. To remove additional files and folders, open Finder and click on “Go” in the menu bar, then select “Go to Folder.”
5. Type “~/Library” and press Enter.
6. Search for folders related to Minecraft in the following directories: Application Support, Caches, Logs, Preferences, and Saved Application State.
7. Delete any Minecraft-related folders you find in these directories.
8. Empty the Trash bin once more to completely remove all Minecraft-related files from your Mac.
Following these steps will help ensure that Minecraft is fully uninstalled from your Mac, freeing up space and eliminating any potential conflicts with other applications.
How can I ensure that all related files and folders are deleted while uninstalling Minecraft on a Mac computer?
Uninstalling Minecraft on a Mac computer might not remove all related files and folders. To ensure a thorough removal, follow these steps:
1. Delete the Minecraft application: Locate the Minecraft app in your Applications folder, then drag it to the Trash icon in your dock.
2. Empty Trash: Right-click or control-click on the Trash icon, then select “Empty Trash” to permanently delete the Minecraft application.
3. Delete game data: In Finder, click on “Go” in the menu bar, then choose “Go to Folder.” Enter “~/Library/Application Support/” and hit Enter. Look for the “minecraft” folder and drag it to the Trash.
4. Delete preferences and logs: Follow the same process as step 3, but this time, navigate to “~/Library/Preferences/” and “~/Library/Logs/”. Locate any files related to Minecraft, such as “com.mojang.minecraft.plist” or “com.mojang.minecraftlauncher.plist”, and drag them to the Trash.
5. Delete caches: Navigate to “~/Library/Caches/” using the “Go to Folder” method in step 3. Look for any folders with “minecraft” or “mojang” in their names, then move them to the Trash.
6. Check for LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons: Some applications may leave behind LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons. Navigate to “/Library/LaunchAgents/”, “/Library/LaunchDaemons/”, and “~/Library/LaunchAgents/”. If you find any files related to Minecraft or Mojang, delete them by dragging them to the Trash.
7. Restart your Mac: This step ensures that all changes are applied and that any remaining Minecraft-related processes are terminated.
8. Empty Trash again: After restarting your Mac, make sure to empty the Trash to permanently delete all Minecraft-related files.
By following these steps, you will ensure that all related files and folders are deleted while uninstalling Minecraft on your Mac computer.
- Windows2023.05.12Utilizing the Office Uninstall Tool: A Comprehensive Guide for Effective Removal of Microsoft Office Suite
- Mode2023.05.12Step-by-Step Guide to Disabling Safe Mode in Tumblr: Unleashing the Full Potential of Content Discovery
- Windows2023.05.12Comprehensive Guide to Utilizing the Office Uninstall Tool for Efficient Removal of Microsoft Office Suite
- Mode2023.05.12Step-by-Step Guide to Disabling Safe Mode on Tumblr: Unveiling the Hidden Content You’ve Been Missing Out On